My post for this recap of our week’s activities aside from a regular blog post seems to have turned into a monthly recap. Natalie over at Threads and Bobbins is the brain child of this. So, go check her out and the others who play along (on a more regular basis) when you follow the link to her Pinterest board. They certainly won’t disappoint.
It’s not that I do nothing all week. Maybe it’s more that I do too much? I don’t think to take pictures? I don’t know. So, here goes my recap of the week.
1. I went with the local chapter of the American Sewing Guild to Richmond to view the The Downton Abbey costume collect. The final season will begin airing in a couple of weeks here in the US. I loved seeing all the costumes and reading about them. Best of all we could take pictures (no flash) but it was so hard not to touch. I just wanted to feel every fabric and touch every bead. Ugh!
2. The last session of my sewing classes finished this week. The next session begins right after the first of the year. 3 of the 4 classes that I am offering next filled up with at least the minimum required participants within the first couple of days of registration. I am very excited about it. I have been playing around with my new machine and some quilting projects. The last class involved a simpler version of this little mug rug.
3. I had bought these carrots – yes, carrots at the local market. I couldn’t resist trying them. I roasted them to have as a side with dinner. They are a bit starchy. Not too bad thou. Has anyone seen anything like this before?
4. I have been madly working on this project for my sister-in-law as a Christmas present for my nephew. She brought me 25 of his t-shirts to make into a quilt. It needs to be soft and warm and be large enough to cover his 6 foot plus body. It’s almost finished and I promise to write a blog post about it (and my newest sewing machine) soon. Promise!
5. I just have to add this from a week ago (or so) I found a tutorial for making this snowman wreath. I couldn’t resist. And I can’t resist sharing him with you now.
That’s it for my week. Except I do want to wish everyone a very Happy Holiday. I love being able to peek into all of your lives and appreciate that you have so much passion to share the things that you love with all of us every week.